Liposuction is the removal of abnormally shaped and/or excessive fat tissues from the body. It is performed through small holes opened on the skin by the help of fat removing cannulas.
In women liposuction is used:
- To decrease the waist circumference ( to narrow the waist)
- To remove the excessive fat in the “below the chin” region (double chin)
- To correct the contour deformities of the thighs and buttocks
- To decrease the fatty folds on the abs and back
- To correct the overall feminine figure of the women’s body
In men liposuction is used:
- To correct gynecomastia (abnormal growth and prominence of the breasts in men)
- To decrease the external fat (under skin) on the abs, waist and lower back.
- To give a better overall masculine figure to the men’s body
Assisted liposuction devices are widely used to decrease the occurrence of irregularities and to decrease the trauma of the tissues because of the conventional liposuction practices. The most widely known is “ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL)” by VASER®.
VASER® (Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance) is a device that acts specifically on the fat tissues, sparing the nerves, muscles, and blood vessels, and melts the fat tissues in a way that there is no need to traumatize the tissues to remove the fat. Since the amount of energy given to the fat tissues can be standardized, this method decrease the incidence of irregularities and also makes it possible to perform high definition liposculpting procedures.